6 Primary Benefits of Starting Cycling
Cycling, most commonly known as biking is the usage of a bicycle as a mode of exercise, sport or transportation. People who are engaged in cycling are often termed as bikers or cyclists. Bicycles were first presented in the 19th century, and now cycling is broadly considered as one of the most effective mode of transportation and exercise.
Here are a few reasons why cycling or biking is the best exercise for you.
1. It is easier for your legs – If you’re a person who doesn’t like running or jogging then cycling might be the exercise for you. Cycling keeps your heart pumping and legs moving without hurting your joints. While other exercises might take a toll on your legs or body, cycling helps develop the muscles in your legs without having to use so much force on the knees. Cycling is also a good alternative exercise even if you have minor injuries.
2. Lifts your mood- Riding the bicycle is proven to elevate a person’s mood. It is true as scientists themselves prove it. Cycling helps discharge stress and delivers endorphins directly to the brain. If you’re looking for a way to unwind after a stressful day at work or school, then cycling is a good method for you.
3. As a mode of transportation – Cycling is an excellent mode of transportation as it allows you to get from one place to another, quickly. You can even use your bike to get to the nearest store or even get to work without the problem of being stuck in the traffic. If you’re a person who lives in the city, cycling can be an advantage for you because it doesn’t just help you with your exercise but it also saves you a lot of money.
4. Quickly lose weight –Regular biking can quickly help you lose weight. It’s an effective cardio exercise that is recognized worldwide. Cycling also helps you develop your upper body muscles as well as to enhance your overall body posture. Also, you don’t have to sign yourself up for a gym membership just to lose weight, just buy yourself a proper bike and stroll around your place or city! If you’re one of the lucky citizens of the world there might be a near place from you, that lets you rent a bicycle.
5. For the fun of it – Stop thinking about cycling as an exercise; instead think of it as a fun activity. If you still haven’t tried to get on a bike, then you’re missing a lot in the world. Research says that continuous cycling delivers short-term euphoria. Cycling gives you a “high”, not the illegal high you’re thinking about but the permitted one. It is pretty much the same like the ‘Runner’s high.
6. You help save the planet –It’s not a secret how serious the issues of climate change these days. By riding your bicycle, you don’t only save yourself the money but also help reduce the usage of electricity, oil not to mention the smoke your car contributes to the pollution and many more other factors that destroy the earth.